Saturday, January 31, 2009

Eisner/McCloud Comics

After reading both of the PDF's, I saw a side of comics that I have never really seen before. As a child, I was never really into comic books, so I never really knew anything about a comic except for the funny pages in the Sunday paper. Eisner was a comic artist who was very creative who's comics involved a lot of death and killing. I thought his work was very descriptive, and well thought out. Especially his comic about the man who was so paranoid about the dead body. I liked that story because it was so funny to see how paranoid the man became after just seeing a dead body. Reading the comics designed by Eisner made me feel like I was reading a book with limited words, and lots of imagery.
McCloud had a different style of his comics. He broke down the art of writing and creating a comic book, through a comic book. I liked how he took the whole process of designing a comic about how to design a comic. I thought it was very creative, and funny. I also liked how he encapsulated the work of other comic book artists like Eisner into his comics.
After reading both of these articles, I feel that comics are much more then pictures with limited words, but they are stories translated to readers through completely different means then a normal comic book.

No comments:

Post a Comment